Looks like DICE are rolling out a new server update. Below is a list of the changes to be implemented:
No mention of the rubber band issue but hopefully this will get fixed soon.
- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation.
- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again.
- Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections.
- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player.
- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots.
- Security updates. Improved server logging.